SVQ 4 Social Services and Healthcare (SSHC)
The SVQ 3 SSHC at SCQF Level 9, is a work-based qualification aimed at senior practitioners, supervisors and managers working in the adult social service sector and meets the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) registration requirements for these job roles. For further information on the SCQF framework please visit www.scqf.org.uk/the-framework. To find out more about how to meet the SSSC registration requirements, please visit www.sssc.uk.com
Candidates will be required to complete four mandatory and four option units which will be discussed and agreed by the candidate and their assessor as appropriate to the current job role and practice.
- Employed within the social service adult care sector
- Employed as a supervisor, senior or manager
- Have the support of your employer
What you study
The content of the four mandatory units includes;
- Effective communication and recording
- Leading practice for health, safety and security in your work setting
- Taking responsibility for the continuous professional development of self and others
- Leading practice that promotes the safeguarding of individuals
The content of the option units will be specific to the context of the unit.
Flexible start dates and delivery methods are designed to suit your circumstances
After the course
You will be able to register with the SSSC as a practitioner and be employed in a social service setting working with adults.
You might also be interested in
- PDA Health and Social Care Supervision
- PDA Administration of Medication
- PDA Dementia