SVQ 4 Social Services Children and Young People (SSCYP)
The SVQ 3 SSCYP at SCQF Level 9, is a work-based qualification aimed at senior practitioners, supervisors and managers working with children and young people. This course meets the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) registration requirements for nursery seniors but from January 2017, seniors and managers in residential child care will be required to complete a BA or professional development award at SCQF Levels 8 and 9 in Residential Child Care to fully meet the new SSSC requirements.
Candidates will be required to complete four mandatory and four optional units which will be discussed and agreed by the candidate and their assessor as appropriate to the current job role and practice.
- Employed within the social service children and young people sector
- Employed as a supervisor, senior or manager
- Have the support of your employer
What you study
The content of the four mandatory units includes;
- Effective communication and recording
- Leading practice for health, safety and security in your work setting
- Taking responsibility for the continuous professional development of self and others
- Leading practice that promotes the safeguarding of children and young people
The content of the optional units will be specific to the context of the unit.
Flexible start dates and delivery methods are designed to suit your circumstances.
After the course
You will be able to register with the SSSC as a senior practitioner and be employed in a social service child care setting. Please note, new staff to this residential child care from January 2017 will be required to progress to complete a BA or PDA at SCQF Levels 8 and 9 in Residential Child Care to fully meet the SSSC new requirements.
You might also be interested in
- PDA Administration of Medication